Appearance[edit | edit source]
Yellow Diamond has a tall body with wide shoulders, a small waist, and strong legs. Her skin is yellow and she has two yellow eyes with black diamond-shaped pupils, a sloped and pointed nose, and defined lips. Her hair is deep dandelion and shaped like a helmet. Her gemstone is located on her chest and is yellow.
She wears a yellow and bright yellow shirt, pointed yellow shoulder pads and gloves, yellow-brown leggings, and dark brown high heeled boots.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Yellow Diamond, like most Homeworld Gems, is shown to have a strong hatred for the Earth and looks down on organic life.
As shown in her debut, Homeworld reputes her as a perfectly logical and rational leader, but in reality, she is cold, ruthless, and cruel. She states that she would get great satisfaction to see the Earth destroyed. When Peridot contacts her, she is annoyed by her multiple failures. However, in contrast to Blue Diamond, she offers Peridot multiple chances to redeem herself.
She puts forth her agenda under the guise that it is what is best for the Gem race. This is evident when she chooses to reject Peridot's proposal to utilize the Earth again, despite the fact that Homeworld is low on resources, as stated in "Too Short to Ride".
She also appears to have a short temper, being unable to keep her composure after being called a "clod" by Peridot.
Yellow Diamond is shown to have a "down-to-business" attitude. In "Message Received", she takes over the call Peridot was having with her Pearl to quickly get the message that Peridot had. In "That Will Be All", Yellow Diamond tells Holly Blue Agate to "get to the point" when she begins to ramble on.
When dealing with grief, Yellow Diamond tries to suppress her negative feelings and instead wishes to move forward. She expresses this to Blue Diamond in "That Will Be All", by explaining that she should "start looking forward and stop looking back". Yellow Diamond finds it ridiculous that Blue Diamond is doing so much to preserve Pink Diamond's legacy instead of trying to move forward, opting instead to destroy Earth as it remains a tragedy for the Diamonds.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Yellow Diamond possesses standard Gem abilities, such as bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Blue Diamond, they form Green Diamond.
- When fused with Yellow Pearl, they form Lemon Aura Quartz.
- When fused with Pearl, Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire, they form Gold Sheen Obsidian.
- Shapeshifting Manipulation: Yellow Diamond, through the energy of her aura, can manipulate the physical form of other Gems, being able to increase or decrease their size and distort their limbs, among other things.
- Water-Walking: Yellow Diamond is able to walk on the surface of water, an ability shared with Blue and White Diamond.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Yellow diamonds are a diamond variety with the usual chemical formula C.
- They are formed in two main ways, either by white and silver diamonds yellowing over time, or forming naturally.
- They’re also the common colored diamond in nature.
- As expected they are yellow in color, often being a lighter and weaker yellow color. High quality yellow diamonds can be much brighter however.
- They are found in many countries, with some being Angola, South Africa, Borneo, and more.
- Just like other colored diamonds, yellow diamonds are used in jewelry.
- Also like other diamonds, yellow diamonds have a 10 on the Mohs Hardness Scale.
- Using yellow diamonds is said to being energy, happiness, and innocence into your life.
|Yellow Diamond's gemstone is located on the center of her chest. It has a diamond facet.|