Just call me Turquoise
Turquoise has a slim build with four skinny arms, a rounded chest, and long legs. Her skin is turquoise and she has two dark teal eyes, a sloped and pointed nose, and undefined lips. Her hair is dark cyan in color, having a short and somewhat messy cut to it and has a shape that is very similar to that of a maple leaf. Her arms all come from her shoulders and are long and skinny. Her gemstones are on her forehead and upper back and are teal.
She wore a white visor with a teal and black sleeveless shirt with a Yellow Diamond insignia on its chest, and she also has a very short black cape that attaches to it. On all of her arms, she wears black armbands, and she also has high waisted black shorts with yellow accents and tall black socks with cutouts at the toes and more Yellow Diamond insignias.
She now wears yellow transparent glasses with a teal and dark teal sleeveless crop top with a large pale yellow star. She also wears a teal and dark teal short skirt with a bronze ribbon tied around her waist and dark teal sandals with bronze accents.
Not much is known, but Turquoise is pretty childlike and excitable but also has moments where she can be chill too. She likes spending time flying around and exploring.
Turquoise possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Musgravite.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Sea Glass.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Labradorite.
- When fused with Jasper, they form Zultanite.
- Hydrokinesis: Turquoise has control over Lapis' hydrokinesis.
- Flight: She is able to create water wings using her hydrokinesis and, presumably, fly.
- Ferrokinesis: She has control over Peridot's ferrokinesis.
- Ermískinesis: As a combination of her ferrokinesis and hydrokinesis, Turquoise is able to control liquid metal and mercury. She is able to pull it out of the air, earth, or ground and utilize it physically, even in the form of various weapons.
- Turquoise's original name was Apatite, but KJD decided to change it.
- KJD describes her outfit as a partial magical girl Sailor suit with a twist.
- Turquoise uses her powers based on which set of arms she is using; her main arms control her hydrokinesis, her secondary arms control her ferrokinesis, and using both sets in tandem allows her to control liquid metal and mercury.
- When asked why she doesn't wear long pants like her components, KJD stated that Turquoise's shorts are meant to add to her "carefree-childlike-goofball vibe", a description which she thinks also represents Lapis and Peridot’s friendship very well.
- Turquoise is a popular mineral that has the chemical formula of CuAl6(PO4)4(OH)84H2O.
- It gets its name from the color turquoise, owing to its deep color.
- Always being opaque, turquoise has an expected turquoise color with veins of black often running through it.
- Turquoise has been used for hundreds of years by humans to create jewelry.
- Turquoise is often imitated with dyed magnesite, a much less valuable mineral.
- Deposits of turquoise are found in many different parts of the world, including many countries in Asia and the Middle East.
- Turquoise has the rather average Mohs Hardness Scale rating 5-6.
- It is often associated with freedom and enjoyment. Likely due to its color, it is also often associated with water and the ocean.
- Turquoise is the stone for the zodiac sign Sagittarius.
|Peridot's gemstone is located in the center of her forehead. It has facets around the edge, but they are hidden behind her skin, making it appear smooth surfaced.
|Lapis Lazuli's gemstone is located in the center of her back and is smooth without any facets. It is shaped like a teardrop.|