Appearance[edit | edit source]
Tangerine Quartz has an appearance similar to that of other Tangerine Quartzes, as they are curvy with short poofy hair and two arms and legs. Their skin is light orange and they have four orange eyes, a small nose, and undefined lips. Their hair is dark orange and is in a poofy afro. Their gemstones are on their forehead and naval and are orange.
Pre-regeneration (debut)[edit | edit source]
They wear an orange visor as well as Steven’s shirt and jeans overtop of Peridot’s outfit that’s now tinted bright orange, and they have Yellow Diamond insignias on their knees.
Post-regeneration (previous)[edit | edit source]
They wore an orange visor with Steven’s shirt and jeans overtop of Peridot’s outfit, now with Steven’s sandals as well.
Current regeneration[edit | edit source]
They now wear a yellow-orange visor with Steven’s shirt and jacket, with his jacket being around their shoulders like a cape. They also wear Steven’s jeans and sandals overtop of Peridot’s outfit.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Tangerine Quartz takes after Peridot’s smugness and ego, but due to Steven’s influence creates the persona of a "bratty show-off".
Abilities [edit | edit source]
Tangerine Quartz possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Hoverboard Proficiency: Tangerine Quartz can summon a hoverboard from their gemstones, and they are skilled when wielding it.
Unique Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Ferrokinesis: Tangerine Quartz possesses Peridot’s ability to manipulate metal.
- Phytokinesis: Tangerine Quartz possesses the ability to grow sentient fauna and flora.
- Bubble Shield: Tangerine Quartz can summon an incredibly durable bubble. In addition, they can expand the bubble to push away enemies.
- Empathic Telepathy: Tangerine Quartz can connect with another human or Gem’s mind.
- Speed of Descent Regulation: Tangerine Quartz possesses Steven's ability to control their speed of descent based on emotion.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Tangerine quartz is a well known quartz variety with the chemical formula SiO2.
- It gets its name from tangerine, a variety of citrus fruits. Tangerine is also used to refer to a warm orange color, also relating the tangerine quartz.
- Usually being translucent, tangerine quartz tends to have a soft and warm orange color.
- Tangerine quartz is found exclusively in Brazil, more specifically in the the state of Minas Gerais.
- Being a mostly inexpensive quartz variety, tangerine quartz is often used for collection and crystal healing.
- Tangerine quartz has the usual quartz Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 7.
- As previously stated, tangerine quartz is used very often in crystal healing, being thought to bring out people’s inner child.
|Peridot’s gemstone is located in the center of their forehead. It has facets around the edge, but they are hidden behind their skin, making it appear smooth surfaced.
|Steven Universe’s gemstone is located on their navel. It features a pentagonal facet and is circular in shape.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]