Sugilite is has a large and bulky body with four huge arms. Her skin is light purple and she has five small and circular eyes with black pupils. She also has a small nose and a huge mouth with sharp crowded teeth and defined lips. Her hair is extremely long and messy, being dark indigo. Her arms come from her shoulders and start out skinny, greatly widening near the tips. Her gemstones are on her chest and in the palms of her lower left and right hands and are bright purple.
She wore a deep warm purple, black, and cool purple ripped bodysuit with black twisted arm bands, a dull purple waistband, and bright cool purple boots.
She now wears a ripped black bodysuit with a bright cool purple and plum shirt overtop of it. Wrapping around each arm are black arm bands, and on her feet she has dull light purple boots.
Sugilite cares for herself first and foremost. Though she carries out mission objectives effectively, she has problems with impulse control and does not hesitate to use her power for personal gain. She combines Garnet's headstrong, unwavering nature with Amethyst's indulgence, as well as her negative attitude towards authority. The resulting personality is a volatile mix that is highly aggressive and dangerous to everyone she encounters. This causes at least one perilous situation, wherein Sugilite enraged that she was left behind during a mission and asked to unfuse, viciously attacks and severely injures Pearl. She seems to possess some of Ruby and Sapphire's feelings towards separating. She also appears to be cold like Sapphire can be, containing Ruby's anger issues and Amethyst's recklessness. All of Sugilite's constituent Gems contribute to her general temperament, though the similarity in the nature of Amethyst and Ruby seemingly overwhelm Sapphire. Though much like Sapphire, Sugilite refuses to change her mind when it's set on something, like not wanting to defuse.
Sugilite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability. Though not as acrobatic and nimble as Opal, Sugilite makes up for it by sheer size - her long legs allow her to cover much ground quickly and leap long distances. Sugilite also has no known weaknesses except her recklessness. In "Coach Steven", she is only defeated when Pearl outsmarts her by luring her up the hill behind the Crystal Temple. She then used her spear to trip Sugilite, causing her to tumble down the side of the temple and damage herself with her own flail, thus knocking her out and separating the fusion.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Alexandrite.
- When fused with Pearl and Steven Universe, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl and Rose Quartz, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl and Pink Diamond, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl and Yellow Diamond, they form Gold Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl and Blue Diamond, they form Blue Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl and White Diamond, they form Silver Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Richterite.
- Flail Proficiency: Her weapon is an enormous flail that uses Amethyst's whip as a chain and Garnet's clasped gauntlets as a bludgeon. Using this flail, Sugilite easily smashes through buildings, reducing a defunct Gem Communications Hub to rubble in a short period. The sheer size of Sugilite's flail combined with the length of its chain gives it a much longer range than other Gem melee weapons, much like Amethyst's whip.
- Wind-up Punch: In "Cry for Help", rather than forming her flail, Sugilite twists two of her arms together to deliver a devastating punch.
- Sugilite is a rare and valuable mineral with the chemical formula KNa2(FeMnAl)2Li3Si12O30.
- It was named after the petrologist Ken-ichi Sugi, the one who discovered sugilite.
- Sugilite, especially high quality varieties, display a very bright and deep purple color, being translucent to opaque.
- This purple color is sugilite’s main selling point, being tumbled and polished into expensive and beautiful cabochons.
- Sugilite was discovered and found most in Japan, however lesser specimens have been found in Canada.
- Sugilite has the Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 5.5-6.5, being just above average. This hardness makes sugilite rather easy to carved and shape.
- Being a spiritual stone, sugilite is associated with energizing and understanding the crown chakra.
|Amethyst's gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a hexagonal facet. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid.
|Ruby's gemstone is located on the palm of her left hand, featuring a squared facet. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|
|Sapphire's gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. It is an octahedron, specifically a truncated trigonal dipyramid.|