Sapphire has been completed by user and staff contributions. If an error is detected, it will be fixed. With this exception, it is asked of you to not reformat or edit this page.
Sapphire has an appearance similar to that of other Sapphires, as she is short and thin with one eye. She has a cool blue complexion with one large blue eye with a black pupil, no nose, and defined lips. Her hair is light blue and is long and voluminous, having a poofy texture. Her gemstone is in the palm of her right hand and is blue.
She wore a dull navy blue and royal blue dress with a blue accent along with circular white shoulder pads and gloves.
She now wears a blue and royal blue dress with a very dark blue accent, pointed white shoulder pads, and matching gloves.
Sapphire is very compassionate, fair and level-headed as well as patient. She balances out Ruby's much more impulsive personality when they are fused as Garnet. She is shown to be quick to understand a puzzle or situation, as she came to the conclusion of Steven's immunity to the energy field almost immediately. This trait is also shown in "Gem Heist" when Sapphire is able to quickly come up with a plan to enter Pink Diamond's Zoo undetected.
Sapphire usually appears cold and distant to others, a trait that is mostly reflected by Garnet. This is because she possesses precognition and can see the resolution of events before they have happened. As shown in "Keystone Motel", she just wants to do what she believes is right, which is to face problems by acting as though they have already been resolved, as she sees them in the future. Because of this, she has trouble letting out her emotions in the present, because she already sees the futures where these emotions have been resolved, opposite to Ruby, who lives in the moment and is more open about her emotions. Sapphire's blasé attitude to the present can make her appear somewhat passive-aggressive as well. But between Ruby and Sapphire, she is also shown to be more social, willing to start a conversation with Ruby about her thoughts about the Earth (shown in "The Answer"). When in a confusing and distressing situation, she lets out more emotion contrasted to Ruby, as Garnet's left eye begins crying in the episode: "So Many Birthdays". This also causes her to figuratively and literally freeze up as ice begins to encase her and she is unable to move or think as seen in both The Answer and That Will Be All.
For the history of Sapphire, visit here.
Sapphire possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Ruby, they form Garnet.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Tanzanite.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Larimar.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Druzy Quartz.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Druzy Quartz.
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli, they form Sodalite.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Indicolite.
- When fused with Bismuth, they from Silica.
- When fused with Skinny Jasper, they form Amazonite.
- When fused with Aquamarine, they form Euclase.
- When fused with Nephrite, they from Chrysocolla.
- When fused with Yellow Pearl, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Albite, they form Violane.
- When fused with Ruby and Amethyst, they form Sugilite.
- When fused with Ruby and Pearl, they form Sardonyx.
- When fused with Ruby and Steven Universe, they form Sunstone.
- When fused with Ruby Rose Quartz, they form Sunstone.
- When fused with Ruby and Lapis Lazuli, they form Charoite.
- When fused with Ruby and Peridot, they form Enstatite.
- When fused with Ruby and Squaridot, they form Enstatite.
- When fused with Ruby and Bismuth, they form Chambersite.
- When fused with Ruby and Jasper, they form Painite
- When fused with Ruby and Aquamarine, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Ruby and Hessonite, they form Carminite.
- When fused with Amethyst and Pearl, they form Richterite.
- When fused with Pearl and Rose Quartz, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, and Pearl, they form Alexandrite.
- When fused with Ruby, Pearl and Steven Universe, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Ruby, Pearl, and Rose Quartz, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, and Steven Universe, they form Lava Stone.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, and Rose Quartz, they form Lava Stone.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven Universe, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, and Rose Quartz, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, and Pink Diamond, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, and Yellow Diamond, they form Gold Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, and Blue Diamond, they form Blue Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, and White Diamond, they form Silver Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Richterite.
- Future Vision: Sapphire is able to see the future to some extent. This was hinted when she was able to find Ruby in a matter of seconds in "Jail Break", and then confirmed in "Keystone Motel". Unlike Garnet, she seems to be much more open with using this power; whereas Garnet only reveals future events to others when it is needed, Sapphire uses it to the point where she almost completely shuts out the events around her. According to Garnet this ability is rare among Gems, enough so to place Sapphire in Blue Diamond's court. Unlike Garnet's future vision however, Sapphire appears to only see one future rather than multiple futures, such as when she couldn't see the future where Ruby saved her physical form from being destroyed by Pearl.
- Cryokinesis: Sapphire can drastically lower the temperature of her surroundings, even forming ice on the walls and freezing water. This ability contrasts to Ruby's ability to raise the temperature.
- Levitation: Sapphire shows that she is able to hover in the air at will when she hovers onto the bed in "Keystone Motel" and when she is able to land herself and Ruby gently onto the ground in "The Answer".
- Enhanced Speed: Sapphire has proven to be able to travel great distances in a short time, possibly due to floating and not walking on legs, an ability not yet seen in any other Gem.
- Sapphire is a famous stone with the chemical formula Al2O3.
- It is a type of corundum. Another type of corundum is ruby.
- It’s also the birth stone of the month of September.
- Sapphires are well known for being blue, however they can come in practically any color excluding red. This is because a red sapphire would instead be considered a ruby.
- Sapphires can be found in many places, with those countries being Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Madagascar, Nepal, Pakistan, Australia, and Nigeria.
- Because of their beauty sapphires are used very often in jewelry. They are along with diamonds, rubies, and emeralds the most popular gemstones.
- Something special about sapphires is their Mohs Hardness Scale rating, with it being 9. This makes sapphires extremely strong.
- While healing properties tend to rely on which color is being used, sapphires in general are thought to bring comfort, peace, serenity, and intelligence.
|Sapphire's gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. The front and back are symmetrical, and it has a light blue ring around it, which is usually hidden inside her body unless she's regenerating. It is an octahedron, specifically a truncated trigonal dipyramid.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found