Ruby has been completed by user and staff contributions. If an error is detected, it will be fixed. With this exception, it is asked of you to not reformat or edit this page.
I used to feel like I wasn't much good, just one of me on my own, but when we're together, it feels like it's okay to just be me. So I wanna be me, with you, an-and not even the Diamonds will come between us. And if they try, we'll beat em up!
|—Ruby, "Change Your Mind"|
Ruby ha an appearance similar to that of other Rubies, as she is short and stout with a red color pallet. Her skin is red and she has two very dark red eyes, a small nose, and undefined lips. She also has very dark red hair that is shaped like a rounded square. Her gemstone is in the palm of her left hand and is red and yellow in color.
She wore a black and dark burgundy sleeveless bodysuit with a dark burgundy bandana and matching boots.
She now wears a copper bandana with a dark burgundy and black sleeveless bodysuit.
Ruby can't avoid the inevitable. She's just letting her emotions get out of hand.
|—Sapphire, "Keystone Motel"|
Ruby mainly embodies Garnet's strength and courage, while Sapphire embodies Garnet's cool nature and calm under pressure. Ruby is extremely passionate and emotional. She is known to be very hot-headed and has violent ways of exhibiting her anger; this is best seen in "Keystone Motel", when she is infuriated to the point of using her thermokinesis and boiled the motel pool, even summoning her weapon at The Best Diner in the World. Despite her wild emotions, Ruby is still very willing to admit when she has taken her anger too far and will admit when she is in the wrong. She seems to put the welfare of Sapphire above all else, doing everything to find her and immediately made sure that Sapphire was well. When Garnet is extremely disturbed, Ruby also appears to show the most visible reaction in comparison to Sapphire. This is best demonstrated in "Keeping It Together" when Garnet's left eye began crying. After poofing the big Cluster prototype, Ruby and Sapphire start conversing with each other through their respective sides of Garnet, Ruby stating that the forced fusion experiments are Homeworld's retaliation against the Crystal Gems for their rebellion. While Sapphire shakily tries to calm themselves from this revelation, Ruby is clearly angered at the revelation of Homeworld's experiments and became hysterical. In "Gem Heist", Ruby shows animosity from the fact that Holly Blue Agate sees Blue Diamond as being merciful and starts to rant about its contradictions.
When not angry, Ruby is a suave romantic, soft with words, and quite flirtatious towards Sapphire. When she channels her emotion on love rather than on rage, she can be affectionate and extremely caring, feeling the need to protect, and even cool down for those whom she truly loves. These moments of calm also bring out the playful tease inside her, which is for the most part trapped under her wild emotions. Ruby also places much value in trust and fusion, being absolutely outraged with Pearl when she learns she was tricked into fusing into Sardonyx. She appears to be a bad conversationalist, occasionally speaking in somewhat unintelligible mumbles, a trait which she carries onto Garnet.
In "The Answer", it is seen that Ruby originally has very little sense of self-preservation or individuality, willing to take the blame for fusing with Sapphire and is content with her own inevitable destruction, arguing that there are "tons of her" in reference to the various identical Rubies found on Homeworld. She still possesses this to an extent as seen in "Jail Break" when she is only worried about Sapphire and said "Who cares?" when Sapphire asked if she is hurt. In "Hit the Diamond", she is calmer and collected in terms of her anger than she had been in the past, but she seemed to get really nervous when she did not know what to do. She is also seen to be bad at lying under pressure, giving the Rubies the idea to search the barn. Her romantic nature is also on full display when she spends most of the game flirting with Sapphire to the point it affects the Crystal Gems' chances of winning. It is only when Steven talks to her that she focuses on the game and pushes Sapphire to do the same.
"Now We're Only Falling Apart" shows Ruby being the calm one after Garnet unfuses upon learning that Rose is Pink Diamond. She calmly pleads with a distraught Sapphire to talk about it, although she is left weeping after Sapphire warps away. She also showed enough forethought to write Sapphire a letter before leaving. "The Question" reveals her more spontaneous and adventurous side and highlights her desire to find her own purpose and individuality without Sapphire though she later revealed she was sad that Sapphire wasn't there to share experiences with. This led to Ruby proposing to Sapphire. "Reunited" shows a softer side to Ruby than has been seen before, as she is the one who wears a wedding dress and walks down the isle in the role as bride and is the first to state her vows. Though Ruby can't focus on what's going on around her, she is thoughtful and introspective as seen in “The Question” as well as being able to learn how to play the guitar in minutes. According to Garnet at the end of "Hit the Diamond", Ruby is smarter than the average Ruby.
- When fused with Sapphire, they form Garnet.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Taaffeite.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Rhodonite.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Fire Quartz.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Fire Quartz.
- When fused with Bismuth, they form Vanadinite.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Dravite.
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli, they form Hackmanite.
- When fused with Carnelian, they form Cinnabar.
- When fused with Orthoclase, they form Sphalerite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Amethyst, they form Sugilite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Pearl, they form Sardonyx.
- When fused with Sapphire and Steven Universe, they form Sunstone.
- When fused with Sapphire and Rose Quartz, they form Sunstone.
- When fused with Sapphire and Bismuth, they form Chambersite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli, they form Charoite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Peridot, they form Enstatite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Squaridot, they form Enstatite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Jasper, they form Painite.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Bixbite.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, and Pearl, they form Alexandrite.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, and Steven Universe, they form Lava Stone.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, and Rose Quartz, they form Lava Stone.
- When fused with Sapphire, Pearl, and Steven Universe, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Sapphire, Pearl, and Rose Quartz, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Sapphire, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Dragon Vein Agate.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven Universe, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, Pearl, and Rose Quartz, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Sapphire, Amethyst, Pearl, and Pink Diamond, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Sapphire, Yellow Diamond, Amethyst, and Pearl, they form Gold Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Sapphire, Blue Diamond, Amethyst, and Pearl, they form Blue Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Sapphire, White Diamond, Amethyst, and Pearl, they form Silver Sheen Obsidian.
- Gauntlet Proficiency: Through sheer anger and feeling the need to release it through violence, Ruby can summon a gauntlet like Garnet's. Although only seen once, it is clear that Ruby possesses some knowledge of how to use it.
- Superhuman Strength: Ruby seems to possess great strength, as she was able to shake the walls of her prison with a single punch, lift Sapphire with little effort in "Jail Break", and flip a diner booth table with relative ease in "Keystone Motel". As seen in the same episode, Ruby is dense enough to walk underwater.
- Superhuman Agility: In "The Question" she repeatedly proved to be extremely agile and acrobatic.
- Musical Ability: Greg taught Ruby how to play the acoustic guitar in "The Question". Within ten minutes, she was skilled enough to improvise a song about her current experiences.
Unique Abilities Edit
- Thermokinesis: Ruby can increase the temperature and generate heat. This is shown in "Keystone Motel" when her body gets so hot that it begins burning the carpet of the motel room and boils the pool to nothing but steam in a very short amount of time. It is shown to be related to Ruby's emotional state, as the ability manifested itself when she got furious in the aforementioned episode and when she felt infatuated in "The Answer", as she set the grass beneath her ablaze when Sapphire thanked her. When fused as Garnet, Ruby's pyrokinesis fuses with Sapphire's cryokinesis and forms Garnet's electrokinesis, as thunderstorms can result from the formation of masses of cold and warm air.
- Pyrokinetic Touch: This ability allows Ruby to set fire to whatever she touches. As shown in "The Answer" and "Keystone Motel", she accidentally sets fire to the grass beneath her the minute she got flustered and the carpet when she became angry, respectively. The same occurred in "Reunited" when she excitedly walked down the stairs. In "The Question", Ruby proved she can use her pyrokinetic touch at will and while in a neutral state of mind to make a fire.
- Fire Dash: Ruby can move at high speed by forming a fireball around herself, as shown during "Reunited".
- Heat Resistance: Ruby has not demonstrated this ability, but it was confirmed that the only reason Garnet can swim in lava is by Ruby. She shares this power with Bismuth.
- Ruby is a mineral with the chemical formula Al2O3Cr.
- It’s a corundum variety, with another type of corundum being sapphire. These two minerals are heavily associated with each other.
- Ruby is well known to be red, and while they can come in multiple shades of red they’re exclusively red.
- This is because any other color would instead be considered a sapphire, as color is what separates these.
- Rubies are used for jewelry extremely often, being beloved and famous.
- They are found in dozens of countries, with some of them being Scotland, Austria, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Brazil, and more. Thailand is however the most important country for rubies.
- Just like the other types of corundum, ruby has a rating of 9 on the Mohs Hardness Scale.
- Rubies are associated with passion and love, however anger is also associated with them.
|Ruby's gemstone is located on the palm of her left hand, featuring a squared facet. The front and back are symmetrical, and it has a light pink ring around it, which is usually hidden inside her body unless she's regenerating. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found