Now that's two stones, with one bird.
|—"Change Your Mind"|
Rainbow Quartz (or Rainbow (Quartz) 2.0, as they refer to themself in order to differentiate from the original Rainbow Quartz) is the fusion of Steven and Pearl. They made their reformed debut in "Change Your Mind".
Rainbow Quartz 2.0 maintains the original Rainbow Quartz's light pink skin color, but their hair is significantly shorter and smaller, instead resembling a thicker, wavier version of Pearl’s hair, and is deep mauve in color along with dull blue, dull purple, and light magenta streaks. They share a thin build with Pearl but have strong, wider calves and feet, which stem from Steven.
Pearl's gem uses a shade of pink, which very closely resembles the shade of their skin color, and Steven's gem uses shades of pink, purple, and yellow.
Pre-regeneration (debut) Edit
They wore a bright cyan jacket with Steven’s classic shirt under it, and they also wore Steven’s jeans and Pearls’ ballet flats.
Post-regeneration (current) Edit
They now wear Steven’s new short and pink jacket with his jeans, and on their feet they wear Pearl’s pink ballet flats.
Pearl's dignity and balletic flair combine with Steven's lighthearted fun side and his occasional "goofiness" to form Rainbow Quartz's very flamboyant, fun, and posh personality.
A selfless caregiver, they plunge confidently through the air to rescue the falling gemstones their friends. In a manner similar to that of Sardonyx, they speak with an English accent and share Steven's affinity for wordplay. Their caring nature is seen again in "A Very Special Episode" where they babysit Onion.
They are described as someone who is both creative and who solves problems with ease.
Rainbow Quartz possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Spectrolite.
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form Pietersite.
- When fused with Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire, they form Obsidian.
- Parasol Proficiency: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can, by mixing Pearl's spear and Steven's shield, summon their weapon: a large parasol, with pastel pink and violet tones with a yellowish white star design on top of it. When used, it enables Rainbow Quartz to easily float through the air and fly away in the air.
- Rocket Parasol: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can ride their parasol as if it were a witch's broomstick. When flying, the parasol gives off a rainbow-colored trail-boost.
- Speed of Descent Regulation: Carried over from Steven, Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can control how fast they fall via the parasol.
- Object Animation: By tapping their Parasol on an inanimate object, Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can bring that "to life" and "animate" it. This is shown as Rainbow carries Onion's toys inside a drawer.
- Repulsive Telekinesis: It is shown that Rainbow can apparently manipulate and repulse (pressurize) someone/thing by slashing their "target" with their Parasol, forming a white weak aura. This is shown when they repulse Onion to the top of a staircase.
- Rainbow Generation: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can create a rainbow wave from their hands, each hand connecting both rainbow's ends.
- Rainbow quartz is a quartz variety with the chemical formula SiO2.
- While the term rainbow quartz can refer to multiple quartz types, true rainbow quartz is crystal quartz with treatment.
- This treatment is done using ions of gold, titanium, and even platinum.
- Rainbow quartz can come in many colors, however the most common is clear. The treatment gives it a rainbow coating.
- Because it is not a naturally occurring gem, it can come from practically anywhere.
- It is used in jewelry, rarely being faceted but instead being made into pendants.
- Like other quartzes, rainbow quartz has a 7 on the Mohs Hrdaness Scale, making it strong and durable.
- Using rainbow quartz is said to increase happiness and calmness in its users.
| Pearl's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz 2.0, featuring a large ring around the middle. It is smooth, without facets.
|Steven's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz 2.0, featuring a pentagonal facet.|