Pietersite has an appearance similar to that of other Pietersites, as they are tall and slim with three pairs of arms and a stormy design. They have a tall, cloud-shaped head with a lighter-colored steak shaped like a lightning bolt, dull purple skin, black lipstick, and four light purple eyes covered by a black theater mask. Their arms and legs have circular bumps at the joints and come from their shoulders, ribs, and waist. Their gemstones are located on their forehead, navel, and upper palms and are purple, red, and black.
They wear Steven’s shirt as an ascot around their neck, accompanied by a dark navy blue crop top with a red tuxedo collar, pointed shoulder pads, and red trims on the ends of the sleeves. Steven's pants are seen on their middle left hand, and they wear dark navy blue shorts with red trimming, matching red ballet flats, and knee-length dark navy blue socks.
Pietersite is described as being "silly and theatrical", using over-the-top body language and expressions to make up for their lack of a voice.
Pietersite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Slapstick Proficiency: Pietersite can combine Garnet's gauntlets, Pearl's spear, and Steven’s shield into a slapstick, which can be summoned from their gemstones.
- Phytokinesis: Pietersite possess the ability to grow sentient fauna and flora.
- Bubble Shield: Pietersite can summon an incredibly durable bubble. In addition, they can expand the bubble to push away enemies.
- Empathic Telepathy: Pietersite can connect with another human or gem's mind.
- Speed of Descent Regulation: Pietersite possess Steven's ability to control their speed of descent based on emotion.
- Future Vision: Just like Sapphire and Garnet, Pietersite can see multiple future outcomes and probabilities.
- Electrokinesis: Pietersite can generate electricity, an ability that stems from Garnet.
- They are mute.
- Based on their physiology, as well as their gemstone's real-life association with thunderstorms, Pietersite may possess storm-related abilities.
- KJD designed Pietersite as an inbetween of Sardonyx and Obsidian, in the sense that their outfit can also be perceived as being part of their physical form.
- Pietersite is a type of quartz with the chemical formula SiO2.
- It is in fact a type of tiger’s eye and hawk’s eye, both of which are a type of quartz.
- Pietersite has a very unique look to it, being black with swirled colors of blue and warm brown. There can occasionally be swirls of red as well.
- It is opaque and tends to have a high shine to it.
- Unlike most types of quartz, pietersite is as a matter a fact rare, only being found in the countries of China and Namibia.
- Pietersite is used for jewelry, being prized for its unique looks and rarity.
- Because it contains tiger’s eye, it can sometimes contain the dangerous and carcinogenic material asbestos.
- As it’s a quartz variety, it has the standard rating of 7 on the Mohs Hardness Scale.
- Pietersite is said to be a strong healing stone, healing the body and mind. On a separate note it is also associated with thunder and weather.
|Pearl’s gemstone is located in the center of her forehead. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets.
|Steven’s gemstone is located on their navel. It features a pentagonal facet and is circular in shape.|
|Ruby’s gemstone is located in the palm of her left hand, featuring a squared facet. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|
|Sapphire’s gemstone is located in the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. It is a tetrahedron, specifically a truncated trigonal dipyramid.|