Appearance[edit | edit source]
Opal has an appearance similar to that of other Opals, as she is tall and curvy with four slim arms and long hair. Her skin is lavender and she has long ivory hair that is styled into a ponytail, two light blue eyes with dark indigo pupils, a pointed nose, and full lips. Her gemstones are on her forehead and chest and are light blue, salmon, yellow, and lavender.
Pre-regeneration (debut)[edit | edit source]
She wore a sleeveless dull teal and light cyan dress with a yellow star on it, dull orchid leggings, and light yellow socks.
Second Regeneration[edit | edit source]
She wore a dull teal and light cyan dress with a yellow star, yellow wrapped waistband, dull orchid leggings, and light yellow socks.
Third Regeneration[edit | edit source]
She wore a dull teal, light yellow, and light cyan dress, orchid leggings, and light yellow socks.
Previous Regeneration[edit | edit source]
She wore a ripped dull teal crop top, a light cyan and light yellow skirt, orchid leggings, and light yellow socks.
Current Regeneration[edit | edit source]
She now wears a light cyan dress with dull teal accents and a light yellow star, orchid leggings, and light yellow socks.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Amethyst and Pearl are extremely powerful when they are willing to work together in the form of Opal. Amethyst's ability to live in the moment along with Pearl's obsessive single-mindedness results in a stable fusion. Opal achieves a peace in that balance that Amethyst and Pearl rarely experience on their own. At times, Opal is so calm and at peace that it causes her to forget the task at hand, such as forgetting to retrieve the Heaven Beetle after rescuing Steven.
The balance that holds Opal together is, by far, the thinnest of all the other known fusions. The ease with which Opal can separate is very different from that of Garnet, who is almost impossible to unfuse except under extreme emotion or by force (Ruby and Sapphire can willingly separate anytime they wish). If Pearl and Amethyst have conflicting views while fused, this can cause Opal to revert to her constituent Gems; the slightest dissonance between the two poses a danger of involuntary defusion.
Opal's personality is theorized to be a combination of Amethyst's power, along with Pearl's grace and decisive determination. She appears to be more open to Steven's desire to have fun and play, as she sang part of his song back to him. This is a trait that can be traced back to Amethyst.
In "Fusion", Opal shows both of Pearl and Amethyst's personalities by posing with elegant and silly poses.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form Alexandrite.
- When fused with Ice, they form Celestine
- When fused with Ruby, they form Bustamite
- When fused with Sapphire, they form Richterite
- When fused with Steven, they form Spectrolite (Steven).
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Spectrolite (Rose).
- When fused with Ruby, Sapphire, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Richterite.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Archery Proficiency: Opal's weapon is an opalescent longbow that fires arrows made of light-based energy. The bow is roughly as tall as Opal herself. She fuses both of her fusees weapons together to form her bow. Pearl's spear makes up the limbs of the bow while the lash of Amethyst's whip becomes the string.
- Gem Bubbling Arrows: Gems who are poofed by these arrows have their gemstone(s) automatically bubbled and teleported to the Burning Room.
- Multi-Shot Arrows: These arrows also have the ability to split into multiple, smaller arrows that can attack multiple targets simultaneously.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Opal is a hydrated amorphous form of silica; its water content may range from 3 to 21% by weight, but is usually between 6 and 10%.
- Because of its amorphous character, it is classed as a mineraloid, unlike the other crystalline forms of silica, which are classed as minerals.
- It is deposited at a relatively low temperature and may occur in the fissures of almost any kind of rock, being most commonly found with limonite, sandstone, rhyolite, marl, and basalt.
- Opal can occur in many colors, including white, colorless, pale yellow, pale red, gray, brown and black.
- Diffraction can cause flashes of any color of the rainbow which can be seen in Opal's color play.
- Yellow, blue and green are most common, whereas violet, red and orange are the rarest colors seen through play of color.
- 'Opalescence' should technically only be used to describe the optical effects seen in common opal.
- The name opal was probably derived from Sanskrit "upala", meaning "valuable stone" or from the Greek word "opallus" which means to see a change in color.
- 'Opalescence' is caused by the reflection of light and appears as a sheen of light, typically milky-bluish in color.
- Precious opal is known for its remarkable ability to diffract light, which results in rainbow-like colors that change with the angle of observation - known as 'play of color'.
- Opal is said to stimulate originality and creativity, and to provide with spontaneity and flippancy; but also to promote inconstancy.
- It is thought that it can pick up the thoughts and feelings of people and amplify emotions.
- Opal is a birthstone for those who are born in October.
- Opal is the national gemstone of Australia.
- As for the zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Libra.
- Opal is unique as it has the ability to fossilize unlike other gemstones.
|Pearl's gemstone is located in the center of her forehead. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets.
|Amethyst's gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a hexagonal facet. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid.|