Appearance[edit | edit source]
Malachite has an appearance similar to that of other Malachites, as she is large with two slim arms and four large, muscular arms that function as legs. Her complexion is mostly bright aqua with some dark teal stripes, and she also has four small cool green eyes with black pupils. She also has no nose (with her gemstone acting as a nose) and a large mouth with full lips and jagged teeth. Her hair is in a messy and unkept updo that is solid white in color. Her top pair of arms are rather long and thin, while the bottom pears are thick and sprout from her hips. Her gemstones are where her nose would be and upper back and are cool green.
She wears a standard Homeworld uniform that’s tinted dark teal with a Yellow Diamond insignia on her waist.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Due to being a fusion, Malachite's personality is a twisted combination of both Jasper and Lapis' character traits. However, because she is an unstable fusion held together with anger, their personalities are present rather than merging into a new one (much like how Alexandrite displayed the individual personalities of Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl when one of them has a disagreement with each other like Pearl's refusal to eat when Amethyst wants to while Garnet tries to keep the peace). Once formed, she is shown as having Jasper's disdain for the Crystal Gems and wishing to see them destroyed, but Lapis' consciousness was later shown to be the most dominant, as she is able to overpower Jasper's.
In "Chille Tid", Lapis is shown to be struggling to maintain her dominance over Jasper, it is also clear that if Lapis is distracted for the shortest period, Jasper can gain control. At the end of the episode, Malachite's personality starts to dominate and suppress Lapis' own, much in the same way Pearl was afraid it would happen to Amethyst and Garnet when fused into Sugilite for too long. It ends on a chilling note with Lapis refusing the name Lapis and proclaiming that they are Malachite now, indicating that Malachite's true personality is formed and is starting to take over. It is unknown if Jasper had also lost herself to the fusion.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Malachite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Crash Helmet Proficiency: Being a fusion of Jasper, Malachite can summon her weapon: a tangerine, crystalline helmet. The helmet acts both as a weapon and armor; a hammer-like protrusion in the front of the helmet allows her to use it to charge, slam, and headbutt her opponent while a clear orange-tinted visor extends down, covering the upper part of her face. The sturdiness of the helmet rivals that of Garnet's gauntlets, as Jasper is shown continuously countering her attacks.
Unique Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Hydrokinesis: Malachite inherits Lapis' power to manipulate water and liquid material. She has demonstrated she can form water into various constructs that she can control. She is shown to form hands out of water that she can use to smite enemies. She is also able to form chains to entangle or trap enemies with. She can control water even when not attached to a larger body, causing it to levitate.
- Matter State Manipulation: Malachite can change the state of matter of water using her hydrokinetic abilities, causing it to turn into ice. She uses the ice for both offense and defense, as projectiles or a shield.
- Flight: Malachite can use Lapis Lazuli's water-wings to propel herself at high velocities as an evasive maneuver or as a method of transportation.
- Spin Dash: Malachite can roll herself into a ball-like shape and propel herself at foes at great speeds. She has inherited this ability from Jasper.
- Comet Charge: While airborne, Malachite can lunge at enemies with alarming speed and power. This attack is very powerful as shown when it knocks Alexandrite to the ground.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Malachite is a mineral with the chemical formula Cu2CO3(OH)2.
- It is a famous mineral that is associated with and often grows with the mineral azurite. These minerals together make the mineral azurmalachite.
- Malachite is well known as a banded deep green rock. It is also opaque and somewhat resembles an agate in terms of appearance.
- Specimens of malachite are actually rather dangerous, as their copper content is so high it can cause poisoning. This is why malachite should never be submerged in water or have its dust inhaled.
- Malachite’s found in the Congo, Russia, Chile, the United States of America, and many more places. It is as expected wide spread.
- It is used as a decorative stone as well as a stone for crystal healing. It is however important to only use sealed and not raw stones.
- Malachite is associated with absorbing and taking away negative energies.
|Jasper's gemstone is located where her nose otherwise would be. It is triangular, and faceted onto a low point. It also resembles a tetrahedron.
|Lapis Lazuli's gemstone is located in the center of her back and is smooth without any facets. It is shaped like a teardrop.|