Lapis Lazuli has been completed by user and staff contributions. If an error is detected, it will be fixed. With this exception, it is asked of you to not reformat or edit this page.
Lapis Lazuli has an appearance similar to that of other Lapis Lazulis, as she is tall and slim with short hair and water wings. She has bright blue skin along with two large dark navy blue eyes, a small pointed nose, and undefined lips. Her hair is royal blue and is short and ratter messy. Her gemstone is on her upper back and is blue.
She worehas blue sleeveless crop top with a matching skirt, and on them is a large Blue Diamond insignia.
She now wears a blue and very dark blue sleeveless crop top with very dark blue matching baggy pants with a bronze belt and matching sandals.
While she is playful and friendly with Steven Universe, Lapis Lazuli is bitter and mistrusting towards the Crystal Gems, believing they care more about the Earth than their own kind, likely due to their being unaware for so many years about her captivity in a mirror.
When confronted with an enemy more powerful than herself, she displays a pacifistic approach. She believes that putting up a struggle can only make the situation worse. In "The Message", she delivers a frantic message to Steven about the approaching invasion, begging him not to put up a fight. In "Jail Break", she gives similar advice when Steven stumbled across her, mentioning Homeworld might go easy on them if they follow orders. However, Lapis can change into an aggressive being if necessary.
She expresses an overwhelming desire to return home, going as far as to use one of the Earth's oceans to create a giant water construct for the purpose of using it as a lift in order to get closer. In doing so, she shows that she can be rather inconsiderate and indifferent, as she does not care about the human race or the Earth. Overall, Lapis is a passionate Gem who doesn't hesitate to fight anyone who stands against her, but is thankful to Steven for releasing her and then healing her gem after all that she did to him. Lapis is also portrayed as being a martyr, loyal to Steven and willing to suffer if it means protecting him from Jasper or any danger in addition to Malachite.
However, she is also shown to be very stubborn and hesitant in cooperating or accepting help from others unless she has no other choice, seen in both "Jail Break", when she refuses to be set free by Steven, and "Chille Tid," where she is reluctant to give the Crystal Gems her location for them to find her and aid in the situation.
For the history of Lapis Lazuli, visit here.
Lapis possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Iolite.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Dianite.
- When fused with Ruby, they form Hackmanite.
- When fused with Sapphire, they form Sodalite.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Spirit Quartz.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Spirit Quartz.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Turquoise.
- When fused with Bismuth, they form Covellite.
- When fused with Jasper, they form Malachite.
- When fused with Pink Diamond, they form Melody Stone.
- When fused with Padparadscha, they form Orange Sodalite.
- When fused with Yellow Pearl, they form Green Dianite.
- When fused with Blue Pearl, they form Blue Dianite.
- When fused with Pink Pearl, they form Indigo Dianite.
- When fused with Lonely Pearl, they form Dianite.
- When fused with Holly Blue Agate, they form Apatite.
- When fused with Aquamarine, they form Kyanite.
- When fused with Carnelian, they form Eudialyte.
- When fused with Skinny Jasper, they form Skinny Malachite.
- When fused with Jade, they form Azurite.
- When fused with Peridot and Steven Universe, they form Sea Glass.
- When fused with Peridot and Amethyst, they form Musgravite.
- When fused with Peridot and Pearl, they form Labradorite.
- When fused with Peridot and Jasper, they form Zultanite.
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form Charoite.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Hemimorphite.
- When fused with Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form an unnamed fusion.
- Hydrokinesis: Lapis appears to have immense power over water and liquid material, demonstrated by her ability to divide a path through the sea and form the entire ocean into a space elevator.
- Flight: When Lapis' gemstone was healed, it was shown that Lapis can fly using water wings that extend from her gemstone. These particular water constructs can propel her at high velocities as an evasive maneuver or transport her to Homeworld as a method of transportation. She is fast enough to get to Homeworld in less than a year, possibly a month.
- Water Generation: In addition to manipulating existing liquid, Lapis can generate a certain amount of water from her gem. This was demonstrated when she summoned her water wings, as they extended from her gemstone instead of forming from the water below.
- Water Constructs: Lapis is capable of forming water into various constructs that she can control. She has shown to form hands out of water that she can use to smite enemies or use as a platform. She is also able to form chains to entangle or trap enemies with.
- Water-Walking: Lapis can walk on water, an ability she shares with Pearl, Opal, and Lion.
- Hydromimicry: Lapis can use her control over water to create flawless, powerful water-clones of her enemies. The clones appear to possess the same fighting styles as the originals, as demonstrated by water Garnet's strength and water Amethyst's constant shape-shifting. They also have the ability to regenerate when damaged and even split to create new clones, making them effectively invincible against most attacks. The only thing that has been shown damaging them was a sound wave from Steven's shield. She showed her ability to imitate when she was trapped inside the mirror.
- Lapis lazuli, also known as lazuli, is a rock with the chemical formula of (NaCa)8Al6Si6O23(SO)4.
- It is a rock, not a mineral, that is made up of the minerals lazurite, pyrite, and calcite. It also often contains the mineral sodalite.
- Lapis Lazuli has been prized for hundreds of year due to its color, with it being a very deep and vivid royal blue. It is also often mottled and is opaque.
- Because of its colors it is used as a pigment, being crushed and ground down. It is also used for jewelry and decoration.
- Afghanistan has the most plentiful and important deposits in the world, however lapis lazuli has also been found in the United States of America and Canada.
- Lapis Lazuli has a 5.5-6 on the Mohs Hardness Scale, making it not particularly strong. It does get damaged in water and should not be placed in it. This is because it’s water soluble.
- As for crystal healing, lapis lazuli is believed to be able to help with one’s self, both understanding it and improving it.
|Lapis Lazuli's gemstone is located in the center of her back and is smooth without any facets. It is shaped like a teardrop.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found