Jasper has an appearance similar to that of other Jaspers, as she is tall and bulky with patterned skin. Her skin is mostly orange with some red-orange markings, and depending on her regeneration she may have light aqua and teal markings and horns as well. She also has two yellow-orange eyes with black pupils, no nose (with her gemstone acting as a nose), and defined lips. Her hair is very light orange and is thick and messy. Her gemstone is where her nose would be and is orange and yellow-orange in color.
She wore a standard Homeworld uniform that’s tinted dull red with a Yellow Diamond insignia on her chest.
She now has light aqua and teal splotches and horns, and wore a light beige and dull reddish-brown tank top with dark brown leggings and light beige and dull reddish-brown boots.
She now has a sliced horn and slightly different markings, and wears a light beige and reddish-brown tank top with dark brown leggings and dark red boots.
Jasper is very ruthless and headstrong, as well as an aggressive combatant. Assumed to be a high-ranking Gem warrior and veteran of The Rebellion, Jasper is very authoritative and militaristic; something that directly affects her subordinates, Peridot and Lapis Lazuli. She doesn't care about them, doesn't bother to heed their warnings or concerns, and will not hesitate to browbeat them into submission if they complain or disagree with her. The importance she puts on one's own battle prowess also leads her to look down upon any of whom she considers to be a weakling. She despises the act of fusion specifically, as seen when she announced, "Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Gems stronger!". Even after Garnet defeated her and crashed the Gem Warship, she didn't consider it a loss, because she believed Garnet only beat her because she was a fusion.
Her attitude towards those whom she considers to have proven themselves in battle, however, is a much more positive and respectful one. When she first arrived on Earth, she quickly dismissed Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl as weaklings not worth her time. She did, however, express disappointment when she found out that Rose Quartz wasn't present because she wanted to face her in battle, as she respected her as the military commander of the war. Likewise, this caused her to be confused and frustrated as to why Rose had apparently shape-shifted into a "weak human boy" to fight her.
Jasper can be hypocritical; the prospect of a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Crystal Gems repulsed her so much that in a last desperate attempt to seize victory, she coerced Lapis Lazuli to fuse with her to form Malachite, apparently disregarding her previous opinion on fusion.
Jasper possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
Being a Quartz Gem she was created to fit the role of a warrior within Gem culture. As such she has incredible amounts of physical strength and stamina, making her the most physically imposing Gem seen thus far. She is mentally powerful, as it is taking all of Lapis's concentration to subdue Jasper.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Fire Opal.
- When fused with Amethyst, they form Tiger’s Eye.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Peach Quartz.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Peach Quartz.
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli, they form Malachite.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Sphene.
- When fused with Bismuth, they form Tiger Iron.
- When fused with Pink Diamond, they form Peach Quartz.
- When fused with Skinny Jasper, they form Mega Jasper.
- When fused with Eyeball Ruby, they form Realgar.
- When fused with Ocean Jasper, they form Zebra Jasper.
- When fused with Fluorite, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Apricot Agate.
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form Painite.
- When fused with Peridot and Lapis Lauzli, they form Zultanite.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Peach Aventurine.
- Crash Helmet Proficiency: By gathering her resolve and thirst for battle, Jasper can summon her weapon; a tangerine, crystalline helmet. The helmet acts both as a weapon and armor; a hammer-like protrusion in the front of the helmet allows her to use it to charge, slam, and headbutt her opponent, in the shape of a yellow diamond, while a clear orange-tinted visor extends down, covering the upper part of her face and her gemstone. The sturdiness of the helmet rivals that of Garnet's gauntlets, Jasper was shown continuously countering her attacks. A fast swing from the front of the helmet was hard enough to poof Amethyst (among other damage she had). Its usefulness as armor is shown when she is struck with an extremely powerful blow from Stevonnie using Rose Quartz's sword that would have gone directly into her head without it. While the Corrupted Gem Jasper was riding is poofed from the force of the strike slamming Jasper into her, Jasper was not.
- Martial Arts: Further reflecting the similarities between herself and Amethyst, Jasper is likewise prone to mixing up her weapon-based attacks with martial arts moves, such as grappling, throwing, or attacking with swift yet powerful punches. Due to the nature of her weapon, the two styles mix seamlessly and combine into a powerful, but ultimately reckless fighting style with immense collateral damage. She is also skilled enough to completely outclass Amethyst.
- Headbutting: As the name implies, Jasper shows she can headbutt without her weapon. This version, although weaker without her helmet, still has the potential to knock out a human being, as seen with Steven in "The Return".
- Piloting: Whilst Jasper herself has never demonstrated this ability, it is implied by Doc in "Back to the Moon" that Jasper can pilot Gem ships.
- Comet Charge: Jasper can lunge at her foes with alarming speed and power. Evidence shows as the attack breaks through layers of a hard gemstone. While she performs this attack, a fiery aura forms around her.
- Spin Dash: Jasper can rapidly roll in a ball-like shape to attack enemies. While Amethyst was shown to have this ability as well, it seems that Jasper's version is more powerful, and is more of a threat than Amethyst's. Jasper can also use the technique to dash across a spacious room and plunge into the air.
- Japser is a well known quartz variety with the chemical formula SiO2.
- There are many subtypes of jasper that come in different colors and patterns, and are all types of quartz.
- The most well known jasper color is a deep red-orange, however they can come in colors ranging from yellow to green to rarely blue.
- All varieties of jasper are opaque.
- Depending on the type jasper can be found in many different and widespread areas, with the most popular ones being Brazil, the United States of America, Venezuela, Egypt, and Madagascar.
- The many types of jasper are used in decoration and jewelry, usually being made into beads or sometimes being polished into small cups and vases.
- Because it is Quartz its rating is 7, which makes it not too hard to carve and shape but strong enough to not break.
- The use of jasper is said to be cleansing and clearing, with some saying it can even clear away poisons. It is also seen as a stone of emotion and sometimes anger.
|Jasper's gemstone is located where her nose otherwise would be. It is triangular, and faceted onto a low point. It has a diamond-esque shape. As seen in "Earthlings", Jasper's gemstone is flat on the other side.|