Fluorite is an Off Color Gem, and an original character that appears in Steven Universe. KJD has drawn her interpretation of her components, Lavender Jade, Titanite, Iolite, Indicolite, Rubellite, and Verdelite.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Fluorite has a body that resembles a caterpillar, having five circular body segments. Her skin is light aqua , and she has six eyes that are deep periwinkle in color. Her also has short and somewhat poofy light blue hair that is brushed back. Her two pairs of arms are on her top body segments and are thin, while her six legs are very short and stubby, being on the last three body segments. Her gemstones are on her forehead, chest, and navel and are magenta, blue, pink, and neon yellow in color.
She wears a deep magenta, plum, and indigo vest along with very light blue gloves, and on her last three body segments she wears indigo, dark purple, and dark pink boots.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Fluorite is a calm and wise Gem who is looked up to and respected by the other Off Colors. She often gives advice and speaks her mind, using her noticeably slow and deep voice. Fluorite also has a very open-minded attitude to fusion, as she has no problem with being a permanent fusion of six Gems and states that she would not mind adding even more if she meets "the right Gem". She's shown to be unwilling to leave Lars behind on Homeworld even if it meant going to Earth for a better life. Her voice and facial features also make her somewhat appear as a wise, elderly grandmother. Rebecca Sugar has revealed that Fluorite's slow speech is due to having so many component Gems, which all have their own thoughts and opinions. They each need time to decide on what they will say together as Fluorite, thus resulting in the slow speech.
History[edit | edit source]
For the history of Fluorite, visit here.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Fluorite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Aquamarine, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Nephrite, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Jasper, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Jelly Opal.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Engineering/Technician Abilities: Fluorite is capable of monitoring and maintaining the engine of the Sun Incinerator.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Fluorite, rarely called fluorspar, is a well known mineral with the chemical formula CaF2.
- It is a popular mineral, being able to display an enormous variety of colors.
- While pure fluorite is clear, impure fluorite gets very colorful. These colors can be nearly any color but are usually a mix of green, white, purple, and blue.
- Fluorite is often made into jewelry and palm stones, having many supposed mental and health benefits.
- Fluorite is found worldwide, with the main deposit being in China, Mongolia, the United States of America, and Russia.
- Fluorite also has the medium to low Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 4, being used as a common example of a mineral with said rating.
- It is believed by many that fluorite is able to clear a distracted mind and promote healthy and proper thought.
|Fluorite's first unknown component's gemstone is located on her forehead. It is unfaceted and triangular in shape.
|Fluorite's second unknown component's gemstone is located on her forehead. Although animation inconsistencies lead to this gemstone changing cuts often, it can be seen in her model sheet that it has a circular facet.|
|Fluorite's third and fifth unknown components' gemstones are located on her chest. They are both unfaceted and triangular in shape.|
|Fluorite's fourth unknown component's gemstone is located on her chest. It is unfaceted and ovular in shape, similar to the gemstones of Pearls and Jades.|
|Fluorite's sixth unknown component's gemstone is located on her navel. It is a rhombus with a table cut, similar to the gemstone that powered the Obelisk.|