Thought you two looked like you needed a hand... or four.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Dianite has an appearance similar to that of other Dianites, as she is tall and slim with four arms and short hair. Her skin is very light blue and she has four very light blue eyes with black pupils, a pointed nose, and undefined lips. Her hair is light blue and is short and somewhat messy, pointing upward slightly. Her arms split at the elbows which creates four arms, and they’re long and very slim. Her gemstones are on her forehead and upper back and are light blue and white in color.
Pre-regeneration (debut)[edit | edit source]
She wore a light blue, teal, and dark blue kimono with white baggy sleeves with blue-teal trims and a four sided yellow star on her chest. She also wore a light blue skirt with dark blue accents that is tied up at her hip with a light yellow ribbon and dark blue socks with cutouts at the toes.
Post-regeneration (current)[edit | edit source]
She now wears a light blue and dull teal crop top with a yellow star-like design on it, and attached to that are dull blue baggy sleeves. She also wears baggy pants that are also dull blue, and she has golden ballet flats with a matching waistband.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Dianite is described as having a serene personality, which reflects Pearl's confidence and Lapis Lazuli's lack of motivation. She's also very overprotective, as KJD herself has stated, "an overprotective mama bear."
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Dianite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Labradorite.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form an unnamed fusion.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Spear Proficiency: Dianite can summon Pearl’s spear.
Unique Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Hydrokinesis: Dianite has control over Lapis Lazuli's hydrokinesis.
- Flight: She can use her hydrokinesis to summon water wings and, presumably, fly.
- Marine Control: Dianite can control the minds of marine life to an extent, and she does this by using her voice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- KJD couldn't decide if her name was Dianite, Angelite, or Rainbow Moonstone, so she chose a pallete that would fit for all of them.
- She, however, decided to call her Dianite.
- KJD gave her four arms and four eyes because she figured she'd be less stable than both Opal and Rainbow Quartz. As Malachite has both eyes and extra limbs too, she thought incorporating that but as a more stable form would be nice.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Dianite is a mineral with the chemical formula NaAlSi2O6.
- It is in fact a type of jadeite, a subgroup of jade.
- It’s characterized by having an opaque to translucent and mottled blue color, being rather vibrant. It can either be cooler with a purple tone, or it can also be warmer with a teal undertone.
- Dianite can be found within the country of Guatemala.
- It is not often used, due to it being not well known. When it is used however it’s made into jewelry or tumbled stones.
- Just like jadeite, dianite has a nice Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 6.5-7.
- When used in crystal healing, dianite is told to be a powerful calming and relaxing stone.
|Pearl's gemstone is located on her forehead. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets.
|Lapis Lazuli's gemstone is located on her back. It is smooth and shaped like a teardrop.|
References[edit | edit source]