Blue Diamond has been completed by user and staff contributions. If an error is detected, it will be fixed. With this exception, it is asked of you to not reformat or edit this page.
Blue Diamond is a very large and tall Gem with wide shoulders, a small waist, and long legs. Her skin is bright blue and she has two bright blue eyes with black diamond-shaped pupils and eyelashes, a sloped nose, and defined lips. Her hair is very light blue and is long and smooth, connecting at her chest and forming a loop. Her gemstone is located on her chest and is blue and light blue in color.
She wears a dark and very dark blue dress with long baggy sleeves and cutouts at the shoulders.
Blue Diamond is portrayed as a very mellow Diamond who treats high-ranking members of her court with respect. According to Holly Blue Agate, Blue Diamond has a reputation for mercy and forgiveness. This is demonstrated when she "saves" Greg from the threat of the Cluster after taking a liking to him, unaware that the Cluster is no longer active. However, as with Yellow Diamond, her true nature may be at odds with her reputation, as she sentences Ruby to shatter for accidentally fusing with Sapphire while trying to do her job.
Blue Diamond's temperament appears to have changed significantly in the 5,000 years following the death of Pink Diamond. She is currently in a state of great depression, still mourning over the shattering of her fellow diamond. She is unable to let go of the past, having become fixated on preserving Pink Diamond's legacy. This is shown in her efforts to maintain the late diamond's zoo, save Earth specimens from the Cluster's emergence, and her refusal to shatter the rose quartzes that once served under Pink Diamond. She continues to regard the Earth as Pink Diamond's colony, and, due to being unaware that the Cluster is bubbled, is visibly saddened by the fact that the planet will eventually be destroyed.
Additionally, Blue Diamond seems not to understand humans, given by how she was surprised that Greg was able to comprehend and sympathize with her pain of losing a loved one.
During the "Wanted" arc, she shows a vicious and vindictive attitude toward Steven by stating that she will make him face the worst punishment for what Rose did.
Throughout Steven Universe Future and The Movie, Blue Diamond seems in a much more peaceful state of mind, coming to terms with the loss of Pink and instead caring for Steven, as seen in the beginning of Steven Universe The Movie in the song: 'let us adore you' where she wants Steven to stay with her and the other diamonds on Homeworld. In Steven Universe Future, Blue seems to have replaced her ability to inflict sadness upon others with accordance to her own feelings, with the ability to inflict feelings of great joy upon others, as Blue is happier.
Blue Diamond possesses standard Gem abilities, such as bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Yellow Diamond, they form Green Diamond.
- When fused with Pink Diamond, they form Orchid Diamond.
- When fused with Blue Pearl, they form Aqua Aura Quartz.
- When fused with Pearl, Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire, they form Blue Sheen Obsidian.
- Radiated Pathokinesis: When Blue Diamond is overwhelmed with sadness, she emits a blue aura around her that induces sadness to anyone exposed to it. However, the ability does not seem to affect non-Gem beings, as Greg and Lars were not affected by it. The intensity of the ability may vary and it is possible to resist it, as Yellow Pearl cried big teardrops while Yellow Diamond only started to tear up. After she recovers from her depression, Blue evokes her aura in the form of tangible blue clouds with the capacity to make gems happy, but this effect can only last as long as they are in contact with the aura. As such, Blue's aura cannot cure long-term mental problems.
- Blue diamonds are a diamond variety with the usual chemical formula of C.
- They are excluding red diamonds the rarest color of diamond, making them very valuable.
- Blue diamonds are as expected blue, usually being a light and clean color. Vibrant ones can also exist, however they’re rarer.
- Blue diamonds are found almost exclusively in South Africa, specifically in the famous Cullian Mine.
- Just like other diamond types, blue diamonds are used in jewelry. Because of their rarity they’re used very sparingly.
- As a diamond blue diamonds have a Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 10, making it at the top.
- Blue diamonds are associated with inner strength and bravery.
|Blue Diamond's gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a diamond-shaped facet, and a diamond shape overall.|
- [ ]