Aquamarine has an appearance similar to that of other Aquamarines, as she is small with short hair and a pixie-like design. Her complexion is cyan and she has two blue eyes, no nose, and undefined lips. Her hair is short and smooth, being mostly blue with bright teal lowlights. Her gemstone is located on her left cheek and is blue and light blue in color.
She wears a sleeveless blue and dark blue dress with a white collar and a Blue Diamond insignia on her chest, and she also wears white gloves and leggings with dark blue flats.
Despite her childlike voice and demeanor, Aquamarine is an accomplished and ruthless Gem. She takes an authoritative stance due to her ego, ordering Topaz to act as muscle for their assigned mission, as revealed in "I Am My Mom". Like Peridot before her betrayal, Aquamarine is directive, focused, and unconcerned with anything unrelated to her mission, ignoring the remaining Crystal Gems in favor of capturing the humans close to Steven. This indifferent attitude extends toward her enemies, using her wand to throw Steven into a tree in "Are You My Dad?", rendering him unconscious, and even threatening to have his friends killed. Despite being a loyal follower of the Diamond Authority, Aquamarine is willing to accept a compromise if the possible compensation is considered, such as having "Rose Quartz" turned in to meet the Diamonds. She also shows that she will be able to talk her way out of a situation where she has the odds against her, when in "Stuck Together" she was at the mercy of Topaz who was going to poof her by reminding her the consequences of her actions.
For the history of Aquamarine, visit here.
- When fused with Pearl, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Sapphire, they form Euclase.
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli, they form Kyanite.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Grandidierite.
- When fused with Yellow Pearl, they form Devilline.
- When fused with Holly Blue Agate, they form Jeremejevite.
- When fused with Eyeball Ruby, they form Bluebird Azurite.
- When fused with Navy Ruby, they form Bluebird Azurite.
- When fused with Emerald, they form Mint Beryl.
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form an unnamed fusion.
- When fused with Fluorite, they form an unnamed fusion.
- Water Wings: Similar to Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine can summon water wings on her back to fly or evade enemies during combat. They have a noticeably sharper shape than Lapis' water wings, resembling butterfly or pixie wings.
- Keen Memory: Aquamarine appears to have a very good memory, being able to remember the names of six humans without any lists, descriptions, or visual aid. In "I Am My Mom" she remembered that the Diamonds didn't specify "alive" as a requirement for the humans. It is shown in the same episode that she takes great pride in this ability, calling her memory "perfect".
- Superhuman Strength: Aquamarine is deceptively strong. In "Bluebird", she displayed incredible strength while holding Greg by his hair and carrying "Eyeball" by her hair before flying off.
- Aquamarine is a beloved mineral with the chemical formula Be3Al2Si6O18.
- It is specifically a popular variety of beryl.
- Aquamarine is well known as the birth stone of the month of March.
- It has a gorgeous light blue color, being transparent and clean.
- Brazil is where almost all aquamarine comes from. There are also deposits in countries like Mozambique, Tanzania, and Canada.
- It is used very often in jewelry, getting faceted into gemstones. They are often made into cuts and shapes that resemble teardrops.
- As for crystal healing, aquamarine is said to be very calming and relaxing for its users.
|Aquamarine’s gemstone is located on her left cheek; the shape resembles a teardrop. It also appears to be a cabochon, a gem that has been polished but not faceted.|