Amethyst has been completed by user and staff contributions. If an error is detected, it will be fixed. With this exception, it is asked of you to not reformat or edit this page.
Amethyst is shorter than most of the characters, rivaling Steven's height (she is about half the height of a "standard" Quartz such as Jasper and Rose, due to remaining in the ground for an extra 500 years), with a somewhat stout build. She has lilac skin, pale lavender hair that covers her left eye, dark purple eyes, a small nose, and defined lips. Her gemstone is located on her chest.
From "Gem Glow" to "Reformed", Amethyst wore a mauve off-shoulder tank top (as confirmed in Guide to the Crystal Gems) with a black bra underneath and black leggings with star-shaped cutouts on the knees.
From "Reformed" to "Crack the Whip", the colors of Amethyst's tank top and leggings are reversed. Instead of cut-outs on her leggings, she now has two black stars. On the lower part of her tank top, there are now two small slits on either side. She fixes her shoulder strap, keeping it on her shoulder rather than off (a feature Pearl was happy to see changed).
Third regeneration Edit
From "Crack the Whip" to "Change Your Mind", Amethyst's color palette remained the same but has been swapped once more: her tank top was white with a jagged hem, and she wore black leggings with dark mauve stars on the knees and dark mauve boots.
As of "Change Your Mind", Amethyst wears a black tank top that is torn open at the chest to reveal her gemstone, gray shorts with black stars on each leg and torn white fabric at the bottoms, and white boots.
In "We Are the Crystal Gems" and "Three Gems and a Baby", which flashback to Steven being a baby and toddler, Amethyst still had the same leggings and boots she wore from "Gem Glow" to "Reformed", except she had a long-sleeved mauve shirt that exposed both bra straps, and there was no tear above the star on the left knee of her leggings.
In "Story for Steven", "We Need to Talk, and "Greg the Babysitter", episodes that flashback to around the 1980's, Amethyst had short hair and wore a mauve tank top with a skirt-like bottom, a black shawl, baggy black pants, and white boots.
Amethyst is fun-loving and carefree. Loud and full of laughter, she is easily amused and very impulsive. Amethyst is often used as comic relief. She is bad-mannered, rude, untidy, and slightly lazy, but still good-hearted and protective. Her overprotectiveness of her junk marks her as somewhat of a hoarder. These tendencies surface in "Maximum Capacity", where she is unwilling to let Greg throw anything away in his storage unit.
Amethyst tends to indulge Steven more than the other Gems and partakes in human activities with him, generally being carefree to a fault while showing concern for his well-being in times of more severe danger. Although she does not have to, Amethyst enjoys eating and sleeping and is frequently seen doing so.
Amethyst loves a good fight, something that manifests itself in her wrestling persona, the "Purple Puma", where she willingly masquerades as a hated wrestler purely for the fun of it and to relieve stress from Pearl and Garnet's constant orders. She often loves watching fights as well and will loudly vocalize and cheer when she sees a conflict in progress, egging the competitors on, including the feuds between Pearl and Greg and between Pearl and Peridot. She watched the feud between Steven and Garnet eagerly while eating popcorn.
Amethyst is very observant of other people's feelings. She tries to reassure Steven in "An Indirect Kiss" when he was worried about her as she fell apart, knows why Pearl kept fixing the Communication Hub in "Cry for Help", and that Garnet will not forgive Pearl unless the two directly talk it out in "Friend Ship".
Because of her origins in Kindergarten and its dark legacy, Amethyst harbors a tremendous amount of self-loathing, which is also fueled by her perception that she is inadequate when compared to Garnet or Pearl. This leaves her feeling out of place among the Crystal Gems, thinking that she does not belong with Gems of their caliber when she was created by the very thing they sought to destroy. She thought that when Steven learned of her past, he would think less of her. She worries about Steven's and Garnet's approval in "Reformed", and Amethyst demonstrates that she has difficulty thinking for herself, regenerating multiple times in the episode with new forms that were all rushed or based on what she thinks Garnet and Steven will approve of.
Amethyst has an admittedly low opinion of herself and a strong self loathing that she usually keeps buried under her boisterousness. When her self doubt takes effect, it makes her act cold, cranky, reckless, stubborn, and starts looking for a fight. In "On the Run", she gets into a vicious fight with Pearl over the belief that she sees Amethyst as a parasite. In "Reformed", she and Garnet argued because Amethyst was rushing her regeneration, but because she was trying to earn Garnet and Steven's approval. In "Cry for Help", she sings "Tower of Mistakes" due to feeling inferior to Sardonyx and defends Pearl for deceiving Garnet to fuse with her due to both being weaker than her. In "Too Far" she was offended when Peridot states that she's a "defective" quartz, meaning she came out wrong. Both "Crack the Whip" and "Steven vs. Amethyst" focus on her sense of inferiority as Jasper easily defeats and poofs her and she sees that Steven surpasses her. This causes her to start fighting with him too. It was only after a fight with Steven that she begins to feel better, though in "Beta" she shows an obsession in finding and beating Jasper that leads her to recklessly seek to challenge the other gem alone and she denied her friends' help or encouragement, only expressing annoyance instead. "Earthlings" shows Amethyst come to terms with herself due to Steven's encouragement, comfort, and stating that they are the same, leading them to fuse into Smoky Quartz. After the battle Amethyst seemingly returns to her usual self, exasperatingly saying that she did not want to do anything for a month. In "Gem Heist", Amethyst is shown to be afraid of encountering other Amethysts from Homeworld in Pink Diamond's Zoo. In "That Will Be All", however, it turns out that these Amethysts are from Earth and that they remember her as 8XM. In "Tiger Philanthropist", Amethyst is now comfortable with her self-esteem and no longer needs wrestling as an output of dominance and power.
Amethyst possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Pearl, they form Opal.
- When fused with Blue Pearl, they form Opal (Blue Pearl).
- When fused with Yellow Pearl, they form Opal (Yellow Pearl).
- When fused with Pink Pearl, they form Opal (Pink Pearl).
- When fused with Steven, they form Smoky Quartz.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Smoky Quartz.
- When fused with Bismuth, they form Bornite.
- When fused with Peridot, they form Axinite.
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli, they form Iolite.
- When fused with Jasper, they form Tiger’s Eye.
- When fused with Sapphire, they form Tanzanite.
- When fused with Ruby, they form Taaffeite.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Smoky Quartz.
- When fused with Carnelian they form Eisenkiesel.
- When fused with Skinny Jasper, they form Skinny Tiger’s Eye
- When fused with Pearl and Rose Quartz, they form Spectrolite (Rose).
- When fused with Pearl and Steven, they form Spectrolite (Steven).
- When fused with Lapis Lazuli and Peridot, they form Musgravite.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Tiffany Stone.
- When fused with Ruby and Sapphire, they form Sugilite.
- When fused with Ruby and Pearl, they form Bustamite.
- When fused with Sapphire and Pearl, they form Richterite.
- When fused with Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire, they form Alexandrite.
- When fused with Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, Albite, and Orthoclase, they form Richterite.
- Whip Proficiency: Amethyst is very skilled with her whip, and mixes very well with her immense strength. She uses her whip to lash at opponents and cause damage that is strong enough to easily split a dumpster in half. Her lashes are sometimes so precise that they cut through objects in a clean line. Occasionally, she uses her whip to grab onto objects or lift them and throw them at the enemy. Her fighting style can sometimes be considered reckless and foolhardy; in "Monster Buddies", she used her whip to pull the Centipeetle Mother towards her, knocking her and the other Crystal Gems down. Amethyst can throw her whip to entangle or bind her target from afar.
- Whiplash: Amethyst can send waves of purple energy along her whip to create a large explosion.
- Slicing: Amethyst's whip is able to slice through solid metal.
- Shape-shifting: While all Gems are capable of shapeshifting, Amethyst is particularly skilled at it, specializing in transformations. Her proficiency is high enough where she was able to transform herself into a fully-functional helicopter to transport the other Crystal Gems in "Message Received".
- Wrestling: Amethyst is a skilled wrestler, easily defeating all her human challengers in the Beach City Underground Wrestling league.
Unique Abilities Edit
- Enhanced Digestion: Amethyst can eat glass, plastic, paper, etc. and can digest it without getting sick or disgusted. However, she can still get food poisoning, but won't die from it.
- Hair-Blade: Amethyst can use her hair to slash at an enemy with such potency it severs the claw of the Crab Gem Monster.
- Spin Dash: Amethyst can rapidly roll into a ball-like shape to attack enemies, but it is smaller than Jasper's.
- Homing Attack: Amethyst can home in on nearby enemies while spin dashing.
- Whiplash Spin Dash: Amethyst is able to summon both of her whips, ignite them with purple fiery energy, and then spin dash on top of them, giving her spin dash a purple aura. When she makes contact with something, it causes a large purple explosion.
- Amethyst is a popular variety of quartz with the chemical formula SiO2.
- It is also the official birth stone of the month of February.
- It’s a purple color, being transparent with a range of warm to cool tones.
- Amethyst is well known for being a geode, a rock with an inner lining of crystals in a hollowed our space.
- While amethyst is found in many places, it is usually found in countries ranging from Sri Lanka to Brazil to the United States of America.
- It has been used and cherished for hundreds of years, being collected and made into gemstones. Because of its not extreme price it is a suitable stone for many to purchase.
- Like other varieties of quartz, it has a 7 on the Mohs Hardness Scale, making it durable enough to be worn for jewelry.
- Using amethyst for crystal healing is said to help with mood and emotional stability. It is also believed to help prevent intoxication from alcohol.
|Amethyst's gemstone is located on her chest, being purple in color and circular in shape with a hexagonal facet. It also has a silver ring around it which is usually hidden inside Amethyst's body unless she is poofed.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found