Appearance[edit | edit source]
Alexandrite is massive in size with six arms and a curvy body. Her skin is a deep magenta color, and she has an unknown number of eyes, a pointy nose, and full lips. Her hair is super thick and messy, being a solid bright mint green color. Her top pair of arms come from her shoulders, while the next two sets are below, and they’re each long and skinny. Her gemstones are on her forehead, chest, and in the palms of her upper left and right hands and are burgundy, mint green, and purple.
Pre-regeneration (debut)[edit | edit source]
She wore a dull cool toned green bodysuit with many dull Violet and burgundy accents. She also wore a pair of dull green, lavender, and burgundy gloves, along with lavender wedges.
First regeneration[edit | edit source]
She wore a dull green and dark violet bodysuit with the same colored gloves along with many white, dark violet, and burgundy accents.
Second regeneration[edit | edit source]
She wore the same dull green and dark violet bodysuit, now with bright white accents and dull green star like accents on her knees.
Current regeneration[edit | edit source]
She now wears an angular golden visor with a dull cool green, lavender, and dark burgundy shaped bodysuit. On each arm she wears either a cool green, lavender, or burgundy glove, and on her legs are dark navy blue leggings and dark burgundy boots.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Alexandrite starts off cold, somewhat distant, intense, and sloppy. During "Fusion Cuisine", she is shown not to have a distinct personality, instead she displays the three separate personalities of Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet. These personalities can exist at the same time and often come into conflict with each other, which may cause Alexandrite to de-fuse. Also, they typically become more prominent as the fusion becomes more unstable, showing Pearl's fear of food, Amethyst's hunger and argumentative personality, and Garnet's social awkwardness, leadership, and control of situations
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Alexandrite possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
Alexandrite has incredible amounts of physical strength and stamina; her long legs allows her to cover a lot of ground quickly. She uses her sheer strength and size to lift weighted objects, like a bus. Garnet describes her as "an incredible force on the battlefield", making clear Alexandrite is indeed a formidable warrior, capable of anything as long she keeps a singular goal in mind.
- When fused with Steven Universe, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Rose Quartz, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Pink Diamond, they form Obsidian.
- When fused with Yellow Diamond, they form Gold Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Blue Diamond, they form Blue Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with White Diamond, they form Silver Sheen Obsidian.
- When fused with Albite and Orthoclase, they form Richterite.
Skillset[edit | edit source]
- Weapon Proficiency: As a fusion of multiple Gems, Alexandrite is skilled in wielding a variety of weapons, such as Opal's bow, Sugilite's flail, Sardonyx's war hammer, and the base weapons of the Gems she is composed of.
Unique Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Anatomy Manipulation: Like Sardonyx, Alexandrite has been shown to have "doll joints", body segments that have full rotation independent of the rest of her body. She is seen spinning her upper body above her sash while attacking Malachite with Sardonyx's war hammer without impeding her lower body movement.
- Fire Breathing: Alexandrite is able to create a plume of fire from her lower mouth.
Gemology[edit | edit source]
- Alexandrite is an extremely valuable and rare mineral with the chemical formula of BeAl2O4.
- It is specifically a special variety of chrysoberyl, a rare and quality mineral.
- Alexandrite is most famous for its color change, ranging from dark green to dull purple to even red and yellow.
- This effect changes depending on the types of lighting being used.
- Alexandrite is usually lab grown, however natural alexandrite has been found in Russia.
- Alexandrite has the impressive Mohs Hardness Scale rating of 8.5, similar to other chrysoberyl varieties.
- Alexandrite is associated with wealth and riches, along with rarity and purity.
|Pearl’s gemstone is located in the center of her forehead. It is a smooth ellipsoid with no facets.
|Amethyst’s gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a hexagonal facet. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid.|
|Ruby’s gemstone is located on the palm of her left hand, featuring a squared facet. It is a decahedron, specifically a truncated tetragonal dipyramid.|
|Sapphire’s gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. It is an octahedron, specifically a truncated trigonal dipyramid.|